Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Pegasus"


A few weeks ago my student Marlon Saunders--super singer, arranger, coach, teacher, and all around giant of a man of mythic proportions--got in touch with my wife and me, declaring too much time had elapsed since we were in each other's company in a social setting. We met in Manhattan and were treated to a lovely dinner and an evening of absolute joy.

Marlon's genius resonates for me like that of the other brilliant Black men of my era; a rarity in present day society. He affectionately refers to me as the "Guru," which always brings a smile to my face. Marlon knows that in my vocal direction as a teacher that I've chosen the road less traveled of the development and understanding of the myriad applications at hand with the Middle Way, Middle Falsetto, Voix Mixte, the Mezza Voce, all popular in the 18th century. However, it is Marlon's strength of character and his commitment to excellence that makes him soar like the legendary powerful winged horse: one who fights for goodness and, like Pegasus, will no doubt take his place in the firmament.

We Love you MARLON SAUNDERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment