Thursday, April 22, 2010

Singing at any age

If you are aware of Kenneth Kamal Scott, by now I'm sure you know I've been out here on the stages of the world for a very long time. It is by no means an accident that my vocal apparatus still functions in a healthy manner,retaining it's youth and flexibility. "The Proof of the pudding is in the eating."

Some years ago I chose to completely reorder the functioning of my gift. I was cautioned by many of my colleagues at the time,but I was sure that, though I was taking the road less traveled, I would ultimately be the victor. To have had a great career singing in chest, a great career singing in falsetto, and arrive in the fall of my years with a Mezza Voce that doesn't Quit! I think, this needs to be addressed.

People who are up in years; There does not have to be an end. Correct knowledge is the answer. There are many roads to Rome, and I know I've found one. Many types of vocal damage can be corrected without surgery and it is possible to sing well at age 60 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment