Thursday, April 8, 2010

Roland Hayes



When I was a boy my Mother decided it was time to have someone who knew about the voice hear me, and so she chose Roland Hayes. I was about 9 or 10 years old at the time.

We went to his home in Cambridge, Mass. where I remember singing Schuberts "Ave Maria." Mr. Hayes said some very wonderful and helpful things, information I hold dear to this day. What is ironic that more than 40 years later I was privileged to be a part of portraying him at a part of his career that was glorious. His daughter narrated his life story and his grandaughter, who was a soloist with the Boston Ballet and a voice student of mine, was present in the audience.

Mr. Hayes's shoulders are another set of those strong shoulders we stand on, especially me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment