Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Dream Come True - Wendy Gerbier


Recently I was speaking with my student Miss Wendy Gerbier, a world class mezzo soprano, about her upcoming Parisian debut in December. We were so excited because this will be a full professional concert which for any artist is a tour de force. My only regret is that I won't be sitting in the audience applauding her performance. Stateside, Miss Gerbier has sung before both the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives, and during our conversation she laughingly exclaimed "What I wouldn't give to sing for President Obama!"

Well, last night following our Master Class her dream came true. Miss Gerbier received a telephone call inviting her to sing for President Obama this weekend during a Bridgeport, Connecticut campaign fundraiser. It is with tremendous pride that I congratulate Wendy Gerbier: This is just a sampling of her many Dreams to Come True.

No comments:

Post a Comment